For Apprenticeship and other Post-16 Training Providers
Ineffective governance has been one of the most commonly occurring Ofsted criticisms of providers deemed to be ‘Inadequate’ or who ‘Require Improvement’.
At this important workshop delegates will consider:
- the different models of governance that exist in Post-16 education
- the traits of an effective board
- terms of reference, agenda and the importance of good minute writing
- the importance of independent scrutiny challenge and support
- the importance of a skills/knowledge matrix when establishing a Board
The seminar is for apprenticeship and other education and skills providers who are looking to establish (or re-establish) an effective governing board. As part of the resource pack, delegates will be given a draft terms of reference, a skills matrix tool and a minuting template.
The focus of the seminar will be on the governance of training providers delivering apprenticeship and other ESFA funded activity.